Your video call with a lactation consultant will happen over a HIPAA secure teleconferencing tool, called doxy.me. Your lactation consultant is a licensed and board-certified IBCLC with over thirty years experience helping new moms.
According to the Journal of Human Lactation, women who use a lactation consultant are:
Regardless of your goal, a lactation consultant can give you the care and attention you need to overcome any breastfeeding challenge.
What to Expect
The lactation consultant can help with any of the following topics.
Step 1: Select Your Care Package
During your 15-minute video call, the lactation consultant will...
- Answer any questions about breastfeeding
- Give you a crash course on the topic of your choice
- Dispel myths floating around on the internet
Perfect for critical questions that need a credible answer
Full Breastfeeding Support
During your 30-minute video consultation, the lactation consultant will...
- Check your baby's behavior
- Check your breasts and nipples
- Observe your baby breastfeed to help with positioning
- Guide you to correct any improper techniques if needed
For best outcome, schedule your appointment around a feeding time so your lactation consultant can observe a feeding in real-time.
Still have questions? Reach out to us and we'll try to answer them ASAP